With our attention torn between work, family, and friends, we all know what it’s like to be in a hurry and short on time. If you’re looking for some last second dental touch ups, we at Mid Wilshire Dentistry have some same day dentistry options for you to choose from.
Same Day Dentistry – How to Whiten Your Teeth
During a bi-annual cleaning, your dentist will remove external staining caused by things such as food and tobacco. But when it comes to stains that have been present for years, you may need some professional help. We can remove internal stains that have been there for years by either bleaching or bonding.
Teach bleaching can be done either in the office or at home (by using a system given to you by your dentist). While the length of time spent whitening will vary, both methods use tooth-bleaching gels that oxidize out the stain. This process is perfectly safe, although many people feel some tooth sensitivity during the bleaching.
- At-home whitening: More popular due largely to its convenience, at-home whitening involves your dentist taking an impression of your teeth and making a custom-fitted tray, which you will fill with whitening gel and wear up to two hours daily for about two weeks.
- In-office whitening: Less frequent and more expensive, this style of bleaching takes only 30 minutes to an hour per visit, and you can return for multiple visits until you reach your desired level of whiteness.
Same Day Dentistry – Dental Bonding
If your tooth structure isn’t entirely sound, you may be a candidate for bonding, which uses porcelain/composite veneers or composite resins to cover stained teeth and give chipped or broken teeth a nice, even look. There are two types of bonding techniques:
- Composite bonding: Damaged teeth are slightly reduced and etched to leave room for the “new” tooth, which is made from a composite resin that matches the color of your other teeth and is then applied to the tooth.
- Veneer bonding: After a composite or porcelain veneer is made to match the color and shape of your teeth, your tooth in question is roughened up with an etching solution, and the veneer is bonded to it using a dental bonding cement.
Check out what others are saying about our same day dentistry services on Yelp: Same Day Dentistry Los Angeles
- Laser Dentistry
- Root Canal Treatment
- Tooth Extraction
- Other Services
- Cosmetic Dental Services
- Dental Services
- Find a Dentist in Los Angeles, CA
- Find the Best Dentist in Los Angeles CA
Back to top of Same Day Dentistry.