- Some procedures do not require anesthesia
- Bleeding is minimized since the high-energy lasers aid in the clotting or coagulation of exposed blood vessels
- Minimal damage to surrounding tissue
- Tissues can be regenerated, and wounds heal faster
- Soft tissue procedures may not require stitches
- Fewer bacterial infections because the high-energy light beam sterilizes the working area.
Types of Dental LasersSince dental lasers boast rare absorption ability, they are used to perform specific dental procedures.
Soft Tissue Lasers:Boasting a wavelength that is highly absorbable by hemoglobin and water, soft tissue lasers are naturally more effective for soft tissue management. Among the most common soft tissue lasers are Neodymium YAG and diode lasers, which can be used as part of periodontal treatment as it can activate the re-growth of tissues and kill bacteria. This carbon-dioxide laser also removes tissue faster than fiber optics and minimizes damage to surrounding tissue. Soft tissue lasers work by penetrating soft tissue and sealing nerve endings and blood vessels. Due to this, many people heal faster and experience virtually no postoperative recovery pain after laser work. Because of these facts, more and more cosmetic dental practices are starting to include soft tissue lasers for gingival sculpting procedures.
Hard Tissue Lasers:With a wavelength that is highly absorbable by hydroxyapatite and water, hard tissue lasers are best for working on tooth structure. Typically used for cutting teeth and bone with extreme precision, hard tissue lasers are often used during the shaping or prepping of teeth for composite bonding. This includes the minor removal of tooth structure and the repair of worn down dental fillings. Laser dentistry is a constantly growing and improving field, and we at Mid Wilshire Dentistry already offer a plethora of procedures using these state of the art techniques. If you believe you may be a candidate for laser dentistry, contact us at ###-###-#### today to schedule a consultation.
- Root Canal Treatment
- Same Day Dentistry
- Tooth Extraction
- Other Services
- Cosmetic Dental Services
- Dental Services
- Find a Dentist in Los Angeles, CA
- Find the Best Dentist in Los Angeles CA