One of the biggest decisions that every single one of us has to make to maintain strong oral health is picking a general dentist. For many people, their general dentist is the health care provider they see the most. That’s because — in contrast to many other health care professionals — general dentistry is oriented towards the prevention of disease as opposed to the treatment of it.
General dentists are the top provider of dental care to people of all ages. So when you come into Mid Wilshire Dentistry for your biannual checkup, you’ll likely have a thorough examination of your mouth, a discussion about your overall and dental health, and a professional cleaning. With our emphasis on oral health and hygiene, our goal is to prevent the development and progression of oral disease. Here’s how:
What do General Dentists Do?
- Preventative Services: Aimed at helping you stop disease and maintain good oral health before the disease can take hold, regular exams — including diagnostic images like x-rays — and professional teeth cleanings are crucial towards prevention. Your dentist will discuss your oral hygiene routine and — if needed — may also recommend preventative treatments like sealants.
- Restorative Services: No matter who you are, a dental problem will eventually occur, and when it does, your general dentist will make sure you get appropriate and timely treatment. The most common and effective dental restoration includes removing tooth decay and filling in the affected area. But general dentists can provide many other services as well. Whether it’s giving you a place to go when you need quick attention for dental trauma or potential treatments for missing teeth, your general dentist can help.
- Cosmetic Procedures: Even when your teeth are healthy, your general dentist can still provide some cosmetic procedures to get your smile straight and shining brightly. This can include teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, cosmetic bonding, and many other options.
- Overall Health Advice: In many ways, your oral health is a microcosm of your overall health. Some dental issues can become general issues if left untreated and vice versa. General dentists are trained to identify these potential issues and offer appropriate treatment options.
Explore additional topics covered on our website:
- Dental Focus
- Cosmetic Dentist
- Emergency Dentist
- Family Dentist Office
- Implant Dentist
- Kid Friendly Dentist
- TMJ Dentist Los Angeles, CA
- Other Services
- Cosmetic Dental Services
- Dental Procedures
- Dental Services
- Find a Dentist in Los Angeles, CA
- Find the Best Dentist in Los Angeles CA